Saturday, February 23, 2008

Grace

Today my heart was filled with gratitude and it was a wonderful day. I always feel at the end of days like these if I can only have this grateful heart every day my perspective might shift to make every day just as wonderful. Even thought I try to focus on the positive stuff around here, I am living in real life you know!

Today, I am grateful for a morning at the movies with only my husband! The first time we've been out just the two of us since our anniversary in July. I was thankful for a free movie (thanks to the Realtor who sold our house last summer), a more than experienced baby sitter, and a movie that didn't disappoint (National Treasure: Book of Secrets.) Oh, my what fun it was to have three blessed hours all to ourselves, I had almost forgotten what it was like.

I am so grateful that the Signing Time DVD starts over by itself. It doubled my couch nap this afternoon and really, I don't mind if my son watches again how to say things like "set the table" and "may I be excused" in sign language.

I found myself again moved to tears during tender bedtimes with each of my children. My son sleepily asking to sing silent night just one more time (about 5 times) and me wonderfully willing to complete the task while nursing his sister and rubbing his back. I walked out of his room hearing his muffled voice saying, "See you in the morning time Mommy" and I had a tear streaming down my face realizing that I've been pretty hard on him lately and he is SUCH a great kid. Oh, it's these moments that I hope I remember (and my kids too) until my last breath.

1 Peter 3:8-22 especially verses 8 and 9.
Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

We are richly blessed indeed. Now sweet dreams to all of you, and see you in the morning time.

1 comment:

Mamacita Tina said...

How great that you got to spend time with your hubby. It's important to do that. I know we need to work on that more here.

Your boy is too sweet! I love those moments too, and I need to remember them when I'm doling out the consequences for inappropriate behavior and be calmer.