Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sweet Dreams

Especially since our baby girl joined the family my hubby has done most or all of my son's bedtime routine. It's a nice special time for them - my hubby is a wonderful singer and I love listening to him sing to our son each night. I'm always around and sometimes I even read the books and sing some songs too or bathe them both, but much of the time I'm sitting nursing the babe distracted.

Last night I had the rare privilege of doing it myself. (Well, Daddy did come up to kiss goodnight and say prayers.)

Another rare occurrence was that my daughter fell asleep in the car seat on the way home from church at 8:20pm and slept there until 10:30pm. (Usually she awakens when either the car stops or withing 5 minutes of coming into the house - and that's only IF she falls asleep in the car in the first place.)

Convinced that she would wake up soon, I left her downstairs with Adam and I went up to get my #1 son ready for bed. It was SO nice to have some alone time with him. He was very tired because of the late hour but it was so nice to be the one that started him on his journey to sleep. I lay there singing, rubbing his back and his hair adoring is little face still seeing my little baby and choosing to ignore the boy he's becoming. I was thankful that I hadn't had time to cut his hair yesterday as I had hoped, it was so soft, I decided not to buzz it all and to try and do a longer cut today.

Well, I didn't succeed and you know what, he still looks too darn cute!

3 comments:

Stephanie Appleton said...

Those rare moments alone with the older kids are to be cherished when there is a nursing baby in the house! He is a cutie for sure!

Mamacita Tina said...

The hair cut doesn't matter, his happy, sweet personality will always be there.

I love the calm night time routines with our kids, snuggling and reading books. It's my favorite time of the day.

Amy said...

I really missed time with my oldest when my middle son was nursing at all the "right" times - bed time, nap time, etc. It was so nice to have one on one time again with him when things started to settle down.
Hey - you may have some thoughts on my recent post. Mind taking a peek?