Monday, April 16, 2007

Peaceful?

Thank you all for your potty training encouragement. Chocolate chips seem to have made me happier and clumsier (more on that later) but with everything else going on in the world it sure is giving me perspective. I am surely blessed! And my prayers go out to those affected by the horrifying events in Virginia.

Need a good laugh...

You know when you are helping your son put on his little tool belt but you don't pay attention to the precise distance between you and the island? Well, be careful or you just might blindly crack your head on the granite counter top giving yourself a golf ball sized lump just above your hairline. Yup I sure did, and I cried (LOL - but it really hurt) and my son grabbed around my neck and said "I've got you Mommy!" Which made me laugh!

Even still today was a wonderfully peaceful day around here until I read about what was going on outside of our little world. Crazy. I wish that people would grasp on to God instead of grasping a gun and taking others out of this world. It's just unthinkable.

6 comments:

Linds said...

I hope your head is ok... how sweet of the little one to help! And ys, I am still numbed by the Virginia news. My prayers flying upwards today.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I know, I know. And I hope your bump is ok today!!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I once warned my 4-year old and 1-year not too run much around the house lest they get hurt. Seconds after saying that, I hit my shin on the chair ... hard.

My 4-year old and 1-year old didn't see me hit my shin. And I was too proud to even whisper a cry.

So I muffled my cries with my hands.

"Daddy," my 4-year old said. "Are you doing potty? Be a good boy and go to the potty."

Hmm.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Leave it to a child to make you laugh in the midst of tears. And thank God for their innocence when we hear news like yesterday. It is way too horrible to comprehend. At least we know there is a future where nothing like this will happen again. Ever.

Anonymous said...

Very scary things going on in our world right now!

Hope your head is ok!

Sherri said...

Yes, unthinkable. It's one thing when a person makes the decision to take his/her life. It's another when he/she feels the need to take 30 other people along....so very selfish. I can't stop thinking about all of the differently families suffering right now over one person's selfish act. How sad!