Thursday, April 19, 2007

Open House

I haven't written about it for awhile but our house has been for sale for the last 8 months. I really can't believe it's been that long and I'm still amazed that God has provided for us for these months! Well, we are having an open house on Saturday and I have been going crazy all week doing chores that I suppose all good housewives do on a daily or weekly basis.

Done:Cleaned all bathrooms, wiped baseboards, trim and molding, laundry is caught up and put away, house is clear of cobwebs, gardens are weeded, flowers are potted, window sills dusted, oven cleaned - self cleaned!, hubby touched up paint and has kept up with garage and lawn maintenance and dusted ceiling fans.

Still to do: vacuum, mop, ALL kitchen appliances, wipe kitchen cabinets and counters, put toys away and pack up a box or two of clutter type picture frames etc., sweep back patio and front steps, clean fingerprints off of windows - all while the tornado of two year old follows around "helping"!!!!

I think if we owned an RV or trailer thingy I'd be making us all use the toilet out there for the next couple days - maybe even just live out there so that this place can stay clean. I'm just SO not a super clean freak. I do like it when things are picked up but I could care less about a little dust on my baseboards or a cobweb or two here and there.

It's comforting to know that by Sunday it'll all be back to normal - and I'll be wondering if anyone who came through the house said " wow, look and those baseboards!"

5 comments:

Wendy said...

That is always a busy time, especially trying to keep the house up w/a little one there. I hope it goes well.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You're making a good effort! You sound just like me. I hate that you put all that work into it and within a day it can look like nothing was done! Ah well! One thing that helped me clean appliances is taking them outside to clean them! (Or parts of the fridge shelves, etc.) I am probably due for a good cleaning here! I wish you the best on sellling your house!

Steph

Life With All Boys said...

Our house was up for sale last year at this time. I was pregnant with Carter at the time and I just kept praying the house would sell before he was born. We got "the call" when he was 4 days old. Praise God. I couldn't keep the house clean to save my life after he was born....Good Luck!!!

Barb said...

Well, of course they'll notice your clean baseboards, Heidi. LOL They probably won't but you'll feel better knowing you really presented your home to them at its best.

I'm with you. I'd move into an RV, too. I swear, keeping a house perfect all the time because it's listed is the most exhausting thing. The minute you let something go, you'll get a call giving you 15 minute's notice that they're bringing someone over to look at it.

I hope it sells soon so you can get back to normal.

Katie said...

Unfortunately no one will notice the clean baseboards, what they would notice is dirty baseboards, so I guess cleaning them is required isn't it?
I hope you sell soon, it's certainly no fun to be always on alert for the next looky-loo.