Wednesday, February 21, 2007

First Snowman!!!!

Our snow is usually the dry powdery stuff so when I woke up this morning and saw the huge wet snowflakes coming down I knew what we were going to do this morning. My son has been asking for snow lately anyway so I knew when he saw it we'd be outside right after breakfast!


He had fun rolling and picking up "Frosty's head". "I can do it all by self." was fun to hear right before..."Heavy Mommy! Help with the head! No fall!" So he did it mostly by himself!!!

"Snowman eating rocks Mommy!" Since that's what we used to make the eyes and mouth. We tried to arrange the leaves that stuck in as buttons down the front! Then, he stood back and looked saying "eyes, nose, mouth, arms. I know a hat!"

What frosty is finished without a hat - the first one I found was the one my hubby uses to mow the lawn - it seemed to do the trick.

Then we had fun throwing snowballs and walking around the block. Since there wasn't much snow left in our front yard!

Seeing Ashlee's post the other day about Frosty in her freezer reminded me of something we used to do as kids. We'd put snowballs in the freezer and get them out on the 4th of July. They become more like ice balls in the freezer but it was always fun to play with them while they melted in the summer heat! So we'll be doing that this year too!

13 comments:

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

So cute! And what a fun idea about the snowballs. I'll have to remember that one!

Wendy said...

So cute! I just posted a picture of our "Frosty" today too.

Linds said...

You have clearly had a lot of fun! And that is one happy little boy there!

Anonymous said...

Love the images. Snowman and ... well, snowfights. That's why I love snow so much.

Jamie said...

Very sweet, Heidi!
Looks like you guys had a fun morning!

Anonymous said...

Auntie has more snow where she lives. Little kiddo should come here to make more snowmen! I would make him nice hot cocoa too:) miss you

Anonymous said...

He looks so proud of his snowman!! And I think that hat did the trick! It looks great!!! I love that idea about putting snow balls in the freezer! How fun!

Mamacita Tina said...

What fun! I can't remember the last time I was in snow, maybe ten years ago?

Your son looks like he had a blast. That hat he's wearing, too cute!

Stephanie Appleton said...

Oh how fun. Snow in the freezer? I might try that if we get any more snow!

Anonymous said...

You've inspired me to keep my snowman hostage until summer! He's so cute rolling up Frosty's head!

Anonymous said...

he is way too cute!!

Nicki said...

He is adorable!! Your son...that is. Well, the snowman is adorable too, but your son...ADORABLE!

momteacherfriend said...

I love that smile!