Saturday, March 03, 2007

Updates and DNA

For those of you who asked, my birthday is Wednesday, March 7th and an update on how being 16 weeks pregnant is...I'm feeling so much better - I still have a pretty strong beef aversion but I can eat chicken as long as I've cooked it, mostly I'm craving a lot of Mexican food (cheese enchiladas) and guacamole. The mornings are still a bit rough but usually after breakfast I'm feeling great for the rest of the day.

I've felt occasional movement and can't wait for more of it! The good thing is that all of us are getting used to eating less meat and more vegetarian type dishes which is of course so much healthier anyway. Last but not least at my appointment 9 days ago I had only gained 1 pound total - ignoring the fact that I'm a good 10 pounds heavier to start this pregnancy than I was with my son that's not so bad.

This is the last time I plan to talk about my weight, I don't even own a scale because I believe that they aren't really a good indicator of health (having been a dancer and knowing all the unhealthy ways in the world to loose a few pounds before a performance). If we are eating right and exercising then building lean muscle and losing fat might not register on the scale anyway which is just discouraging.

Wow, I've gotten off topic and I really don't care how much weight I do or don't gain during pregnancy the goal is a healthy baby and that means more poundage! :) Besides nursing will help take off the weight again anyway!!!! I can't wait to have another nursing kiddo! What a blessing this pregnancy is!!!

Thanks to the babywearing Stephanie (and others) for sharing this.

11 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

So glad to hear a good update! I am craving Mexican all the time, too, and I am not pregnant!

And I love your DNA thing, too! I love how different everyone's is, and the different background colors people choose...

Steph

Anonymous said...

I'm 14 weeks now, I just posted belly pics! and I'm carrying 11 pounds still from the beast, so I was pleased that at 11 weeks I had only gained 1/2 pound. I got on my scale the other day (in the evening) and it said I gained 1 1/2 more, but I'm not gonna count it until the Dr's scale says so this coming Thursday at my appt. With thebeast I gained 12 pounds in my first trimester, so I am more than pleased to be gaining slowly this time. I am not giving in to all my wants this time. Just eating regularly and healthy.

Your virtual dna is fun! I really enjoyed doing mine too!

owlhaven said...

Heidi, You and my #5 child have the same birthday!

Mary

Linds said...

I will remember Wednesday then. I am so glad you are doing so well!

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
How amazing to feel those first movements! Xavier's due date was March 7th, so it's a special day or us! Love your 'DNA'...
xoxo,

Ashlee

Barb said...

I crave guacamole all the time, too, Heidi, and let me assure you, I'm not pregnant. LOL

Sounds like you're using common sense, nutrition-wise. I agree with you about the scales. Ours sit in the bottom of a closet and never come out. I've always relied on how I feel and look rather than a number. Works for me!

Staci said...

These DNA things are so cool. I have learned so much about my blogging buddies from them :)

Staci

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

P.S.

Please be sure to check out my fun Bump! Photo Tag going on! Hope you’d like to play along and post your favorite pregnant belly pic!

Steph

Stephanie Appleton said...

Aren't those DNA things fun!

Mamacita Tina said...

Nursing, love it! Laurel's not willing to stop yet either. She and I both really like the closeness/coziness of it all.

You're absolutely right about the weight, just keep active and eat healthy.

Your VisualDNA is awesome. Looks like fun.

Sherri said...

I couldn't tolerate hamburger meat at all when I was pregnant...even when I started feeling better.
I'm glad you have come out of the other side of the first trimester dark tunnel. I felt like throwing a party when I came out of mine...all three times. Now, you can enjoy the rest of the experience :)!!!
You look great with a pregnant belly!!!