Sunday, March 25, 2007

Oh my word...

...does time fly when you're having fun. I guess my last post was a lie - oops and sorry! I haven't even turned on the computer all week, we've been enjoying some nice spring weather and doing a ton around the house.

I guess the biggest news of the week is that my son is potty training!! We tried for a couple days about 4 weeks ago and neither one of us was ready. Then this past Monday right before his quiet time he asked to sit and read on the potty and we did for 40 minutes - yes indeed he is quite determined so I guess he just wanted to sit there until he succeeded. And he did! Lots of hugs, a call to Daddy and a chocolate chip later and we were on to something.

Today he only had 2 accidents BOTH within 30 minutes of each other AND while I was cooking dinner. Similar to the night before so I'll have to increase the frequency of my reminders in the evening time. Still in diapers during naps and outings since I haven't been brave enough to just go for it. I think I may invest in some training pants this week for while we are out! Any advice you'd like to give on this subject will be well received as I always feel like I need to be a sponge and learn more about parenting at each new stage!

On Tuesday I go in for my 20 week u/s!!!!!!!!! We'll be finding out if we're having a little brother or sister!!!! Other pregnancy news - I'm so hormonal right now that one of the comics in the paper today made me cry. Can I just say my poor hubby, I'm certain he thinks I'm nuts. I'll post another belly picture soon.

A couple of weeks ago my son was asking to go outside, I was on the phone with my sister so I really didn't pay that much attention to what he was saying (insert twinge of guilt here). It was a nice day so I sat out there with him and the next thing I know he's coming over to me holding the watering can saying "flowers need water." I find that he'd stuck some of my silk flowers into the garden - apparently spring couldn't come too soon around here! Happy Spring!!!

7 comments:

Sherri said...

Your son is precious! Congratulations to him on his great accomplishment! Good luck on the naptime/nighttime training. Just pay attention to if his nighttime/nap diaper is dry when he wakes up. If so, then take him straight to the potty when he gets up...before going in the diaper. Just do this for a week or so then try it with underwear...same drill.
Good luck!!! He is precious!

Stephanie Appleton said...

OH that is so exciting! I don't worry about the nap/bedtime. It just happens when it happens. Training pants never worked for me. They were too much like a diaper and they just peed in them. I just braved it and took a change of clothing. Most of the time the problem was they wanted to use the bathroom at every single place we went. :)

Cute "gardener!"

Jamie said...

Congrats on the potty training! Sounds like you guys are off to a great start. Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could get him out of diapers totally by the time the new baby arrives?
Can't wait to find out what you will be having :)

Linds said...

Good to see you back, and obviously enjoying the spring! I think the silk flowers show great initiative! I am also really looking forward to hearing what you are having. Show us a photo and let us guess first!

Anonymous said...

Kids go to the potty at odd times, don't they.

My boys and I do rough play. Often they'll do their own version of "horsie-horsie." Instead of riding my back, they ride my face.

That's how I learn that they pooped.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

No advice here... we haven't started that challenge just yet. Best of luck! :o)

The silk flower thing is so cute -- at least you'll have someone to help you with the gardening!

Anonymous said...

I missed this post somehow... just wanted to let you know we've just been using the Gerber training pants you can get at Target, Babies R Us, etc. they work great, at home they're his 'undies'! They have waterproof covers that can over them too... Happy Potty-ing!