Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thinking bloggers

My parents are visiting for a couple days so I was just going to sneak a quick blogging moment. (They tired my son out enough for him to take a nap!) But I come to find out that sweet, sweet Linds my blogging friend of Rocking Chair Reflections has given me a thinking blogger award. Apparently that means I make her think - which makes me chuckle since I'm not so sure that I agree!! BUT I am totally blushing and tickled that she thinks so!

So the point of these awards is to "pay it forward" to five other bloggers. I'm finding it hard to narrow down just five since the reason that I read all of your blogs is because you do make me think and learn and challenge me!

Even though she was also on Linds list a blog I have to include is Owlhaven. Mary's was the first blog I ever read which got me hooked to this whole idea. She's inspiring and her writing about raising 8 kids, adoption, God, and the reality of life all makes me think and strive to be a better Mom, Wife and Child of God.

Stephanie from Adventures in Babywearing is next on my list - not that this is in any special order. Whether she's posting about the complex decision of vaccinations or to stay in pjs all day she's always making me think about the important things in life. She's a wonderful blogging persona here in blogland and I'm very blessed to read her.

I too agree with Linds that it's wonderful how generation gaps are non existent here in the blogging world same with physical boundaries like oceans and mountains too I guess!! Anyway, Barb writes at A Chelsea Morning and her writings are very wonderful to me. She makes me think about life. Everything from should I really be ironing my sheets ;) to keeping the focus on God. She's always letting us in on projects she's up too and I love the devotions she does on Sundays they are always insightful for me.

Another one that makes me think is Ashlee at New Mama's Nest. I love her writing style as well as parenting style. She's done some terrific writing on what being the Mommy of a preemie has been like for her and her family. Her son is a hoot and I love to follow the things they do. And an added bonus is that she takes amazing photos!

Last but not least I'm going to have to say that Linds you have to make it on my list as well. Her writings are absolutely amazing. Her faith in times of hardship and loss are truly inspirational and her love of life and her children - mostly grown now- are so profound and I feel truly blessed to have found her blog when I did!

Remember to pass these awards forward!!! And thanks for being my blogging buddies!!!!

4 comments:

Linds said...

I am so glad you passed this forward! Thank you so much for the sweet things you say, Heidi. It is a delight to be one of your blogging buddies. Have fun with your parents!

Barb said...

I had no idea you'd done this, Heidi. Thank you so much. I've already done my post because a couple of other people also nominated me but I'll go in and edit it to mention your nomination.

You so deserve this and I thank you for paying it forward to me.

Enjoy your visit with your family!

Anonymous said...

Awww. You are awesome! I'm so honored! Blushing and gushing away! I'll be paying this forward next week!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

This was too sweet, Heidi! I also love the other blogs you mentioned (especially Barb's & Ashlee's!) I always find you positive and happy and always looking for the blessing in things. I LOVE that about you! I wish we could hang out in real life, truly!!!

Steph