Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sometimes the shoe is on the other foot!!!

My wonderful son has done a great job of teaching his sister many things. How to give great big bear hugs, how to say many words, how to have a blast and very much how to be tough. Now, he might start to rethink this course of action! She actually climbs into him to roughhouse and she's only 18 months old.

Note:I wrote this back when she was 18 months but now another one has gone by and she's 19 months old in the blink of an eye.

Eighteen months old already! So much has changed, I'm starting to mourn for my baby girl while I rejoice for the toddler she is becoming. Oh, she is still my BABY but I've been around a few other tiny ones and I'm kinda jonesin' for a wee one. *****SMACK***** Yes, I am perfectly happy with the two I've got, I never (I know about saying never) want to be pregnant again but all the while I can't help but wonder if or when more kids will enter our family.

Back to my baby girl though, she's going through this verbal explosion at the moment. Everything used to be "mine-O" just a few months ago she put the words "mine and "no" together to make that wonderful phrase! Daddy thought it was the cutest little thing and she would say it at the drop of a hat. Now she's out of that phase and has moved on to saying, "owwwww" anytime anyone touches, tickles what ever - she's learned what gets a reaction.

She has a love for accessories, shoes especially. I have some pictures that I'll upload eventually. She loves getting my heels out of the boxes and puts them on her hands, but now she'll try to put them on her feet (not very successfully) but she's very determined.

A very, very busy girl she is becoming as she rarely sits still for long and loves to spin around while Adam plays the piano. Oh, and now (at 19mo) she will sing key words of songs with him like "me" and she'll do a lot of Hey Jude especially the "na, na, na" part. I do have to say that it is the sweetest thing to hear her little singing voice she actually changes pitch and everything, I'll have to upload the video one of these days.

Just like her Mommy, she loves to be outside, even on some of these rather cold spring days she begs at the back door signing and saying "play, play, play" until I oblige her. I will never, ever tire of her walking into the kitchen signing raisin and saying "ples" or saying "zezl, ples" (pretzel please.)

My heart is again out on my sleeve with her, words cannot describe the love that I have for her. And remember when I was pregnant with her I (for a fleeting moment) wondered how my heart would grow to love someone as much as my son. Certainly I know that the heart is just one of those things that can grow exponentially, DAILY!

My little Goose, I "la,la" you too! And I love your "ugs" and cuddles and everything about your soft, pudgy, smiley, charming, wonderful you! A true blessing!

5 comments:

Owlhaven said...

She is too precious!!!

Hugs

Mary

Linds said...

She is so gorgeous, Heidi,and I have been watching her grow here since she was born. Too cute!

Mom said...

Remember the heart is a muscle! I love all of you greatly!

momteacherfriend said...

Having an older brother does make a little girl tough rather quickly.

This was most apparent to me the other day when I was babysitting two sisters. They were dramatic about the littlest bump. These days my daughter more than holds her own with her brother, most days she dominates.

Anna Marie said...

aw! She is so wonderfully huggable, Heidi! Crazy how fast time goes, though. I remember when our oldest kids were this age! I feel so very fortunate to have you for a friend!